Monday 4 January 2016

25 October - Mumbulla Creek

Day event
Walk Coordinator: Ian Burns
Meet: 9:00 AM at Corner of Clarke's Road and Mumbulla Trig Road. If you don't know how to get there phone Ian on 64940247
Grade: Hard
Distance: 8 km
Description: Walk is not on any tracks, all bush bashing, steep going down, steep coming up. Will be in a different part of Mumbulla Creek this year. Mumbulla Creek is another world: cool, dark and damp. Walk duration around 6 hours

Just in from Ian:
We're still meeting at the bottom of the road that leads up to the top of Mumbulla Mountain at 9am. The only way to get there is via Doctor George Mountain Road then turn up Mumbulla Creek Road, continue past the Mumbulla Falls turnoff and it's about 10min drive beyond that, I will be there in my white ute.. It took me about 30 minutes to get there from Tanja last weekend. There is the odd tick and leach on the walk, I forgot my repellent! I suggest you spray your clothes beforehand and wear long pants and long sleeves due to all the bush bashing. I'm taking gloves also.

No comments:

Post a Comment